Address: Department of Mathematics
Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
My mathematical interests are in Probability and Stochastic Processes and in Linear and Nonlinear Parabolic and Elliptic Partial Differential Equations. In the past several years, much of my work concerns Random Permutations.
- B.A. University of Pennsylvania, 1978
- Ph.D. New York University – Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 1982 under the direction of S.R.S. Varadhan.
- Recipient of Yanai Prize 2015
- Here are links to the first lecture in each of the two courses of mine that appears (in Hebrew) in the Technion Video Library. If you have a Hebrew browser, you can find the entire series of lectures: Probability Theory (Fall 2008), Metric and Topological Spaces (Spring 2018)
- Problems from the Discrete to the Continuous: Probability, Number Theory, Graph Theory, and Combinatorics, Universitext, Springer 2014
- Positive Harmonic Functions and Diffusion (1995) is available from Cambridge University Press in hardback, paperback, and e-book form.